Power: watts [W] or Kilowatts [kW] 1 kW = 1000W Flow: 1 m³/s = 1000 l/s Gross heat: height difference the water "falls down" Net head: a little smaller than gross head. Gross head deducted by energy loss due to friction in penstock
Potential power ('electric)' is calculated as follows: Power [W] = Net head [m] x Flow [ l/s] x 9.81 [m/s²] (est. gravity constant) x 0.8(turbine/generator efficiency) Potential power is estimated as follows: Power output [W] = height [m] * flow [l/s] * 8
More accurate estimations take into consideration:
● exact net head (intake to powerhouse)
● exact flow (constant during the years)
● combined efficiency of turbine and generator (depends on quality, est. 60% = 0.6)
Hydropower plants can be classified in three categories according to operation and type of flow:
1. Run-of-river (RoR), Small and micro hydropower utilizes water that runs of a river and avoids big environmental impacts.
2. Storage (reservoir)
3. Pumped storage hydro power plants (HPPs) work as energy buffer and do not produce net energy.
4. In-stream Hydropower Schemes use a rivers natural elevation drop without to dam a river.
● RoR plant produce energy from the available flow and the natural elevation drop of a river
● It is suitable for rivers that have at least a minimum flow all year round.
● The water to powers the turbine is diverted and channeled into a penstock and then returned to the river
● RoR plants usually have no or only small storage, allowing for some adaptations to the demand profile.
● As bigger the storage capacity is as higher the environmental impacts are
● Power generation is dictated by local river flow conditions and thus depends on precipitation and runoff and may have substantial daily, monthly or seasonal variations
● Hydropower projects with a reservoir (storage hydropower) store water behind a dam for times when river flow is low
● Therefore power generation is more stable and less variable than for RoR plants
● The generating stations are located at the dam toe or further downstream, connected to the reservoir through tunnels or pipelines
● Type and design of reservoirs are decided by the landscape and in many parts of the world are inundated river valleys where the reservoir is an artificial lake
● Reservoir hydropower plants can have major environmental and social impacts due to the flooding of land for the reservoir
● Pumped storage plants are not energy sources, instead they are storage devices
● Water is pumped from a lower reservoir into an upper reservoir, usually during off-peak hours, while flow is reversed to generate electricity during the daily peak load period or at other times of need
● Although the losses of the pumping process make such a plant a net energy consumer, the plant provides large-scale energy storage system benefits
● Pumped storage is the largest capacity form of grid energy storage now readily available worldwide
1.Power: 20kw~10Mw 2.Frequency: 50hz or 60hz 3.Output Type: AC three phase 4.Output voltage:400V, 3.3KV, 6.3KV, 10.5KV, or 13.8KV 5.Bochi's turbine working Water head range: for Francis type 15~450m for Pelton type 80-1200m for Kaplan type 2~65m for Tubular type 1.8~25m for Turgo type 35-150m 6.Warranty period: 1 year(or more) 7.Lifespan: 30~50years
· High efficience Medium and Small Hydro Power water turbine / hydro turbine(Kaplan turbine, Francis turbine, Pelton turbine, Turgo turbine, and Tubular turbine) / hydroelectric generator with range 20kw-250MW per unit; vertical and herizontal type are available
· Offer all types of generators, turbines, hydropower equipment, complete set of hydropower and other power plants, etc.
· Equipments would be produced according your request!
· Engineers for erection and commission at hydropower plant are available!
· There should be some key parameters (such as head, flow discharge and capacity, if need turbine generator too, please supply the frequency and output voltage, if not, give us the rotation speed) in inquiry.
· Note: design and manufacture various types of hydro generator units with 0.42-7m in turbine runner diameter and 20KW-200MW in unit capacity, such as Tubular type, Axial(Kaplan) type, Francis type, Inclined jet(Turgo) type and Impulse(Pelton) type ones, and auxiliary equipments.
Q1, Which turbine should I choose?
Please tell me the water head, flow rate, frequency, Total power you need
, voltage, on grid or off grid operation, we will propose a solution.
Q2, Can your factory provide all the equipment for hydropower generation?
Yes, we can provide you with turbines, hydro-generators, pressure regulators, turbine wheels, control panels, transformers, monitoring systems and more.
Q3, Can you do EPC for a hydroelectric power plant?
Yes, we can provide TURN-KEY and EPC services including measurement, design, manufacturing, construction, manufacturing, commissioning, inspection, maintenance runner replacement and refurbishment/upgrade/improvement/repair/refurbishment of turbines/generators including bearings, seals For parts and key parts, we will send technicians and workers to install equipment.
Q4,Is your company a trading company or a manufacturer?
We are a manufacturer of hydro turbine generators and started to promote the international market in 2003. Our factory is located in Sichuan, where China's water conservancy and hydropower is most developed. Welcome to visit our factory in China.
Q5, What is an acceptable MOQ?
For this product, our acceptable MOQ is 1 set.
Q6,How long is the delivery time?
Delivery times range from 15 days to 6 months depending on the model you are purchasing.
Q7,Does your company have its own independent official website?
Of course, and we can see more information about our company and products on our official website.